About the Three-line hamster
The third-line hamster is also known as the Gakarya hamster. It has many common names. The hamster should be one of the better pets for animals. The third-line hamster was very good when it was first raised, but it will not bite.
The personality, just like a dog, is not that all Teddy and Bichon have a good personality and will not bite. The three-line hamster is the easiest hamster to breed and the hamster to get close to.
It is slightly smaller than the first-line rat and has shorter hair. There are generally common wild color, silver fox, pudding and other varieties.
Common name Alias: Gakarya hamster small gray bull, small silver fox, small purple king
English name: Dwarf Winter White Russian Hamster, Djungarian Hamster
Latin scientific name: Phodopus sungoris sungoris
Propagation method: fetal maturity cycle: male 6 to 8 weeks / mother 4 to 8 weeks
Pregnancy cycle: 18 to 25 days of births per fetus: 1 to 10
Birth Weights: about 2 g baby mice weaning period: 20 to 25 days
Life Cycle: 1.5 to 2 years Geographical distribution: Former Soviet Union, Eastern Kazakh Province, Southwestern Siberia
The ideal male third-line hamster should weigh 35-45g, and the ideal female three-line hamster should weigh 30-40g. The ideal male third-line hamster should have a height of 7-12 cm, and the female third-line hamster is smaller than the male. Among the three-line hamsters, the most common coat color is dark gray, there are three black lines on the back, and the coat color of the abdomen is white. The actual meaning of Dongbai means that the hair color will change from gray to white in winter, and the similar little gray bully, silver fox, and little purple king will not change in winter. The hair of a healthy three-line hamster is soft and shiny, the eyes are sharp, the ears are fast, the nose is out of nowhere, and the pace is quick.
Third-line hamsters are also very particular about raising third-line hamsters. It is not enough to just build a nest. The most important thing is that third-line hamsters like to live alone and do not like to live in groups.
Habits. So what is the ideal living environment for the third-line hamster? What supplies do they need to keep?
1. Food bowl: anything is possible, including clean ashtrays, small boxes, etc.. Pay attention to the edges and do not scratch the mouse.
2. Roller: Please use seamless rollers, seamed wheels, which can easily catch your feet when running.
3. Water bottle: The steel ball type water bottle is the best, and there is also a dropper type. The most important thing is to not leak water.
4. Small nest: You can do it yourself, use the finishing box DIY, or you can choose the small nest sold in the market, the price ranges from tens to hundreds of yuan.
5. Rat toilets and bathrooms: Place rat sand, bathing sand, etc. for the rats to use the toilet or roll sand for bathing.
6. Summer cooling items: marble, heat sink, ice bottle, cold sofa, etc.
7. Warm items in winter: cotton, warm bags, socks.
8. Cage: Please use ventilated wire cage or semi-iron and semi-glue cage in summer, such as field cage. Please pay attention to the warmth of the mouse in winter, and the all-plastic cage is more suitable in winter. (Do not use wire mesh in the cage chassis, rats and rats are prone to fracture and injury)
9. Mat materials: pine wood chips, aspen, laboratory wood chips, etc., can keep rats warm and absorb water in winter.
10. Fine cat litter: It is more suitable to use in summer, cool, and it will condense into a block after absorbing water, just shovel it. (Please use fine cat litter without perfume beads for fine cat litter)
11. Corn Gen: Use in summer, cool, but not absorbent, the price is slightly more expensive.
12. Please do not use scented wood chips as far as possible.
Three-line hamster When you have raised a three-line hamster, then you have to be responsible for it in the end. Don’t discard it or abuse it because it is cumbersome or he accidentally bites you and waits for some unexpected events.
Still a person who is considering raising a third-line hamster, then you can choose to adopt instead of purchasing, and the quality of adoption is better than purchasing. In fact, many people who love hamsters are most concerned about how to keep him healthy.
You May Also Like: Milk Tea Hamster
In fact, for first-time adopters, you can observe his every move, including his facial features, and you can understand the health status of the third-line hamster at this time. Please see below for details.
1. Whether the hair is soft and shiny; if SS is sick, it will lose hair;
2. Whether the eyes are divine; if the color of the eyes is dull or swollen. There are signs of sickness, etc.
3. The nose Whether there is nasal discharge; if SS has runny nose, it will be dirty around the nose, which may be a cold;
4. Whether the ears are clean; if there is earwax or abnormal odor, it may be sick.
5. Whether the stool Wet; may be diarrhea.
6. Loss of appetite; often lying in the corner, do not eat anything.
7. Not too active in activity.
8. Sudden weight loss.
9. Stiffness somewhere in the body. There may be a tumor.
10. There is a phenomenon of drooling; it may be that the teeth are too long, which will affect the ss diet. If the third-line hamster you raise encounters the above problems, you can easily deal with it by yourself. If it is complicated, you have to take him to a pet doctor.
In order to ensure the healthy growth of third-line hamsters, the layout of the living environment is one of them. Healthy eating is also very important, especially drinking water.
You should not drink tap water for third-line hamsters because of laziness. It is best to use boiled cold water and Change drinking water every two or three days.
Please use branded feeds, such as Vitakraft, Versele-Laga (Versailles, Belgium).
Do not use unrecognized natural yellow fodder, the price is cheap, but the ingredients are unknown. Please use 5001, 5010, molar snacks.
1. Edible food 1. Qingjiang vegetables, carrots, pumpkins (green and yellow vegetables are better), sunflower seeds, peanuts, walnuts, pine nuts (don’t give too much, 2 capsules a week is best), apples, strawberries, cherries, bananas Grapes (please don’t give too much sugar). Chicken feed, dove feed, bird feed, wheat, corn, millet, etc.
2. Plant clover, dandelion, kudzu, plantain
3. Animal protein beef, chicken, boiled egg protein, yogurt, bread worms, dried pet fish, goat milk
4. Harmful food fruits Types: almonds, plums, loquat, peach, water peach, apple seeds (causes heart paralysis, gastrointestinal disorders, breathing difficulties) Vegetables: onion, spring onion leaves (which can damage blood components), garlic, ginger, leek, celery (Too irritating) Leaf and stem plants of tomatoes and potatoes: daffodils, tulips, morning glory, rhododendrons, orchids, calamus, hyacinths, ferns, cyclamen, hydrangea, lisianthus, fern, love Lis other categories: human snacks, biscuits, chocolate, coffee (these two foods can cause heart paralysis), wine, milk II, tonic series
1. Breadworm: protein is very high, it is a holy product in tonics, please one day Don’t feed too much.
2. Dried fish: Contains calcium and animal protein. Older mice can be ground into powder for consumption.
3. Nutritional cream: available in the market, there are two kinds of deep sea fish oil and cherry flavor, 8 in 1.
4. Nutrient water: all are sold in the market, the price ranges from 100 to 150.
5. Glucose water: Glucose can be bought by the pharmacy, mixed with boiled water 1:10 and fed. Can increase appetite.
6. Artificial baby mud: It can be bought in supermarkets. Feed about 0.5cc at a time, please keep it in the refrigerator.
7. Milk replacer for small animals: Most stores that sell rat supplies have 10c.c for 1 pack. The water is brewed, and the rats drink less, please consider the amount yourself, and drink it immediately.
3. Diet Note: It is forbidden to feed human food. Too much salt and too much seasoning will increase the burden on the mice. Please keep the feed and snacks sealed in a sealed jar and store them in a refrigerator. Discard food that breeds insects and ants.
Do not feed too many vegetables and fruits at one time, it is easy to cause diarrhea and death. Most fruits and vegetables contain pesticides, please wash them with water and dry them before feeding.