Braised beef cubes are a ready-to-eat dish in our house. We cook a large pot each time and divide them into two or three portions and freeze them in the refrigerator. When you need to eat them, take them out in advance and thaw them with potatoes, carrots or mushrooms.
After the vegetables are simmered, whether they are served with rice or steamed buns, it is delicious and nutritious and convenient.
This time, I simmered a big pot and put a part in the refrigerator to refrigerate or store in the freezer. The other part is served with potatoes, which is delicious “Roast Beef with Potatoes.
[table id=5 /]
Steps of roast beef with potatoes
- Wash the beef and cut it into 2 cm chunks. Put the beef chunks in a pot with cold water, pour a tablespoon of cooking wine and two slices of ginger, and boil the water for another three minutes.
- Remove the meat and drain the water and put it in a basin.
- Pour in the right amount of vegetable oil from the wok, add ginger slices, cinnamon bark, grass fruit and star anise to fragrant, add beef cubes and stir fry to create a fragrance.
- Pour in light soy sauce, dark soy sauce and a small spoonful of fine sugar and stir fry until the color changes.
- Pour boiling water to cover the meat, put in a seasoning box containing pepper and cumin, pour in Huadiao wine, oyster sauce and a vinegar, cover the pot and simmer slowly.
- Wash and cut the potatoes while the beef is stewing, then wash twice with clean water to remove and drain the water, pour oil into the pan and fry until the surface is golden brown.
- Fish out for spare.
- When the beef cubes are simmered until the soup is half and the meat is cooked, add the fried potato cubes and a little salt.
- Continue to simmer until the soup thickens and turn off the heat.
- When buying beef, try to choose fat and lean meat. I bought sirloin.
- The length of the beef stew has a lot to do with the beef you buy.
- The meat I bought this time looks powdery, and it has been stewed less than two. It’s cooked in just a few hours.
- The old beef might have been simmered for four hours last time or it was fired!