Autumn is the season when hawthorn is on the market. The taste of hawthorn is sweet and sour. It can invigorate the spleen and appetite, digest food and resolve stagnation, and promote blood circulation and blood stasis. But many friends dare not eat it because they can’t stand the sour taste of hawthorn.
In fact, as long as the hawthorn is made into canned food, it will not only extend the storage time, but also taste more palatable, which is acceptable to the elderly and children. Using sweet juice garden yellow rock sugar to make canned hawthorn with rock sugar, it can nourish the middle and nourish qi, nourish the stomach, nourish the lungs, relieve cough and resolve phlegm, and the effect of food tonic is more obvious. The method is also very simple, let’s take a look.”
[table id=4 /]
How to make canned hawthorn with rock sugar
- Prepare yellow rock candy and fresh hawthorn.
- Poly crystalline rock sugar, also called old rock sugar, is a finished product after dissolution, impurity removal, juice, evaporation, concentration and crystallization. Depending on the production process, boiling time and decolonization process, the old rock candy is white, yellow, light gray, etc.
- Wash the hawthorn, remove the stalk, and remove the nucleus. There is also a way to preserve the entire shape of the hawthorn and poke the inner core with a pen cap to discard more pulp.
- Weigh out an appropriate amount of yellow rock candy. You can also use white rock candy, the color is very beautiful. The proportion of sugar and hawthorn after pitting is about 3:4, and the amount of rock sugar can also be adjusted according to the acidity of different hawthorn.
- Add proper amount of water to the pot, boil the rock sugar to dissolve first, and skim the froth on the side of the pot.
- Pour in the hawthorn, boil and simmer for about 10 minutes. If you do more at once, you can extend the time appropriately.
- While boiling the rock sugar hawthorn, the body and lid of the sealed jar are also boiled and disinfected with hot water, so that they will not deteriorate during the preservation process. Pour the cooked hawthorn and sugar water into it, tighten the mouth of the jar while it is hot, and store it in a cool place or refrigerate.
- The same method can be applied to other canned fruits. The sweetness of old rock sugar is lower than that of white granulated sugar, and it is warmer, and it tastes better when used to make cans.
Kitchenware used: boiling pot