Pet Marten has actually become a widely reared pet after cats and dogs in foreign countries. After artificial breeding and breeding, pet marten has become more and more suitable for humans as pets. Pet mink abroad has undergone deodorant gland surgery and castration surgery, so it is more accepted by people.
Domestic pet mink is divided into two types: Angel and Masher.
Latin name: Anglo mink
Nickname: Anglo mink
Breeding method: Viviparous
Chinese Literary name: Anglo pet mink, Ma Xueer pet mink
Geographical distribution: Denmark, United States
You May Also Like: Pudding Hamster
Pet mink has a lot of coat colors, and their prices are determined according to different coat color characteristics. Animals like pet mink, which are small in size, docile and very smart, have been very popular with people in China, and the breeding rate is gradually increasing.
So what is the relationship between the color of pet mink and habit characteristics? The editor has sorted out the color and genetic characteristics of the pet mink. There are many characteristics of mink coat color, which is also the only criterion to determine their breed.
The “standard color” is also called blindfolded mink, with a white face and small eye masks like Zorro masks (this “eye mask” becomes more noticeable in summer), and the hair on the limbs and tail is darker.
Those with white claw tips and white dimples based on standard colors are called Mitt, also known as “gloves mink”. Blaze, also known as “flame”, is characterized by a white stripe extending from the middle of the ear to the top of the nose.
The same reason, Panda, also known as “panda”-due to gene mutation, the area of this white stripe expands and the entire head turns white-basically deaf. Mink with deaf ears can cause potential behavioral and training problems.
Martens with special coat colors include Panda (Panda), Salt-and-Pepper (Silver Fox Mink, the color becomes latent due to reduced pigment), Cinnamons (orange coat, also known as Oriental) and black-eyed white ferret. There are also very rare and expensive Swedish Anger long-haired mink.
Due to the lack of genetic diversity, the mink with a special coat color has more potential health problems. Deafness and other health problems caused by genes can be reduced through responsible reproductive behavior, but unfortunately, due to people’s preference for special coat colors and interests, not all breeders are concerned about the health of mink.
If your starting point is to choose a healthy mink, then the special coat color is not your first choice. The most genetically diverse and healthy variety is Sable “standard color, blindfolded mink”, followed by Albino “white”. But overall, the same is the standard color, Mitt “glove mink” Panda “Panda” comes to health.
Pet Marten Pet Marten is very popular. Another reason is that they are relatively easy to breed. Some clever pet marten will find food for themselves when they are hungry.
Training in the toilet can be learned without too much time from the owner. Nevertheless, each animal has special feeding points that need to be paid attention to when feeding.
Pet mink needs to pay attention to the following four feeding points.
1. The pet mink should be fed with appropriate plant-based feed, which generally accounts for 20%-25% of the daily diet. Among them: the cereal seeds should be crushed and steamed at high temperature before feeding; the vegetables should be washed, shredded and mixed Raw feed in feed.
2. weaning of mink should be weaned at 40-45 days after birth. If the litter of the whole litter is well-balanced, separate the litter at once, and put two animals of the same size, gender, and physique in a cage. After a week of rearing, they should be reared in a single cage to prevent predation, bite frame, and infectious diseases. If the female mink is thin and lacks milk, you can remove the female mink and let the young mink stay in the original cage for rearing. After 3-5 days, divide the cage for rearing according to the above method. According to body size and feeding capacity, weaning in batches, weaning the well-developed and large-sized mink first, leaving the poorly-developed mink cage to continue feeding, weaning at any time according to growth and development.
3. Prevention and treatment of cold diseases of pet mink
1. Strengthen feeding and management. Keep warm when the climate changes suddenly, keep the nest dry and hygienic, and prevent rain and damp.
2. Treatment prescription (1) Oral administration of phenacetin 10 mg or aminopyrine 10 mg or tetracycline 20 mg once a day.
3. Intramuscular injection of 50,000 units of penicillin or 0.5ml of benetine.
4. Prevention and treatment of pet yellow fat disease
1. Do not feed fish, meat feed and stale feed that are high in fat and rancid; in feed To add 10-20g wheat germ or cottonseed oil.
2. The treatment of sick mink should be timely. Vb5g and Ve5g can be mixed and crushed, mixed into the feed, once a day for 7 days. Or intramuscular injection of VeO.5-1ml (1ml containing 10g) and Vb3-5g, once a day, and continuous injection for 5-7 days.
Which is living environment of Minks
Pet mink For pet mink, a cage is a necessity for keeping pet mink. This clever animal will do something bad when the owner is not in charge. So how should the environment for keeping pet mink be arranged?
The editor will explain in detail for you. First of all, pet mink belongs to a kind of polar animal, which is cold-resistant, but because there is no sweat gland, the heat resistance is relatively poor.
You must pay attention to the heatstroke prevention and cooling work for pet mink in hot summer. It is best to keep it in a cage at night or when no one is watching it. This will ensure that it will not be harmed.
Your pet mink will treat its cage as a safe place. If you give it enough time to play outside the cage, it will not hate being locked in the cage. When you put it out to play, make sure that the door of the cage is open, so it can enter the cage to eat food, thirsty water, go to the toilet and sleep. (Although they would rather sleep in a drawer, behind a refrigerator, under a mattress, under a TV, or in places we cannot see). The cage should be large enough to allow pet mink to stretch and play, although it sleeps most of the time in the cage.
The cage should be able to hold a potty, feed pot and water bottle, as well as a place to sleep. A cage about 90cm wide, 90cm deep and 60cm high can make one or two pet mink live comfortably.
Feeding points Mink
Pet mink breeding The biggest problem encountered by pet mink may be what to eat for pet mink. Because there are so many options for mink food on the market, the owner may have been picky, and the editor will tell you that you should give it to pet mink What is more scientific. Eating high-quality dry pet mink food will make pet mink thrive. If you can’t find dry food for pet mink, you can replace it with high-quality kitten feed, but the nutrition required by cats and pet mink is not. The same, so kitten food or adult cat food can not fully meet the diet requirements of pet mink. The nutritional content of dog food is not close to the nutrition that pet mink wants to absorb. Looking at the analysis of the ingredients on the packaging bag, it does not meet the basic requirements of pet mink. The main food of pet mink should be composed of fat and protein, especially animal protein, because their digestive circulatory system is very short, if they only absorb vegetable protein, it is not enough nutrition. Chicken, turkey, beef and lamb can be fed. Most pet mink do not like to eat fish, and eating fish will make its feces smelly. Food for pet mink should contain 30-35% protein and 15-20% fat.